Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:50:49 +0200
From:      Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recommendations for laptop and desktop

> Zoran's comments that http://laptop.bsdgroup.de/freebsd/ is 'obsolete'
> are a bit misplaced regarding older kit that some of us use by choice or
> necessity (eg my 2.5 Thinkpad T23s :)

Sorry for the word chosen in this case. I use one even older
lapper, HP nx9020, with real 4:3 screen, matte. I'm ready to
write about it. The only problem is that it is not possible
to find anymore. So, no use.
Reading forums and having hardware details, seems that only
dell vostro v13 works out of the box for freebsd. Hard drive
is what makes it cold and quiet, contrary to latitude 13, which
runs on 320gb seagate hot plate. I took into consideration just
devices able to get in my area and at reasonable prise tag.
Special treat is wide glossy screen. I simply dislike it and
want to avoid if possible.
Best reagards

                                  Zoran