Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 17:53:10 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Jack Velte <jackv@earthling.net>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: html email

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Jack Velte wrote:

>this is one of the biggest problems with FreeBSD.  html mail is THE standard
>everywhere except MH doesn't grok it.  is there progress in that direction?
>does any free unix mail package do html mail well?

<content class=getting_to_the_real_point>
Yes. There is progress in that direction. Use Netscape's mail client. It
does HTML.
</content>

<opinion class=ironic_that_I_use_a_tag_:)>
This is not a "big problem" with FreeBSD. I use pine for a very specific
reason.  I _despise_ the goofy formatting. People and there sick yellow
text on white backgrounds (I like to be distinctive) should be shot.

Is there an RFC for HTML email so that it can be called a standard? I was
under the impression that it was a proprietary "enhancement" of
commericial software companies. Also, just about every NG or list I have
read includes some sort of comment that derides the use of HTML mail.
</opinion>

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/