Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:03:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        cosenza@cpqd.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sys-unconfig

>Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 16:51:34 -0300
>From: Jose Antonio Cosenza <cosenza@cpqd.com.br>

>Hi
>I installed the freebsd in a pc, but I made some errors.
>I need remake the setting.
>Someone know which the equivalent command "sys-unconfig" (solaris 2) in
>freebsd.

[Redirected to -questions -- dhw]

You should be able to merely edit /etc/rc.conf or /etc/rc.conf.local
(depending on where you made your changes... and which release of
FreeBSD you're using).

You will probably need to boot single-user to do so:  at boot time, you
will probably get to a point where there's a 10-second "count-down";
during that period, press the space bar, theen enter "boot -s".

You will be prompted for an opportunity to override the default shell; I
don't bother (at this point).  Once you get a shell prompt, enter

	fsck -p

and if all goes well,

	mount -a

then edit the appropriate files.  (The command

	ls -ltr /etc/rc*

can be handy for determining which ones were changed most recently; they
appear last in the list.)

Once the changes are made, I'd just reboot.

Others will undoubtedly have other suggestions....  :-}

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill		dhw@whistle.com		UNIX System Administrator
voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (888) 347-0197	FAX: (650) 372-5915