Date:      Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:35:59 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   nvidia cards (3D Acceleration)

Hiyas,

I am wondering about support for 3D accelerators like the
GeForce and other nvidia cards under FreeBSD... There are
Linux drivers for these cards, but no ports it seems to
FreeBSD (maybe they are too linux specific?), and I cant
seem to find out anything about getting 3D acceleration
working with these cards! I guess this might be more of an
XFree86 question, but im not sure...

I have heard that there is no or very little OpenGL support
for FreeBSD... Anyway, any tips, info or pointers would be
greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!
Kal.

P.S. please CC replies to my e-mail (kaltorak@quake.com.au) because
I may not be subscribed to your list! Thanks again!!!