Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:38:08 +0000
From:      Paul LeoNerd Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Managing userland data pointers in kqueue/kevent

--oRUqH22/eHvpdsWk

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:33:25AM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> it was provided for pretty much what you are using it for, so that
> the userland caller could
> easily associate the returning event with some private information
> about the event.

This was indeed the impression I got. With reference to my original
questions regarding its use, perhaps you could suggest some way to
actually use this API then, in order to solve my problem?

Unless there's some subtle detail or trick I have misunderstood, it
doesn't appear to be easily possible in this manner.

How would you suggest I manage these pointers and data structures?

--=20
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd@leonerd.org.uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/

--oRUqH22/eHvpdsWk

--oRUqH22/eHvpdsWk--