Date:      Tue, 02 Feb 1999 20:44:19 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, woodford@cc181716-a.hwrd1.md.home.com, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcpdump

Well, Garrett is quite against it but I will note that it's the DHCP
people complaining to me that they were getting FreeBSD tech support
calls where they didn't get any for NetBSD that got me thinking about
it again.  Since the guy doing DHCP support is also Ted Lemon, he
probably just tells them to load NetBSD and stop dinking with a toy
operating system. :-)

Actually, I'm sure that Ted doesn't say this, but it'd still be a
shame if we ended up losing this functionality issue on security
arguments when and if it later became clear that no real security was
being imparted (the old "leave the window open and the door locked"
fallacy).

- Jordan