Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:32:19 +0200
From:      "Schleich, Arno" <A.Schleich@klinikum-tut.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPPoE to connect to T-DSL

Hi,
=20
I have a similar question as some people before and - yes - I researched
the archives to try out the various solutions proposed over the months.
None of which yet did the job.
=20
I just need to connect my notebook to the internet using pppoe to hook
up to t-dsl, a German adsl provider.
=20
I installed 5.4 Release with very few problems.
=20
I modified ppp.conf according to various postings on this list.
=20
Yet I am quite unsure as to which other configuration files I have to
adapt and which to leave alone.=20
=20
Every posting in the archive differs somewhat regarding this issue (e.g.
does one have to modify host.conf or resolv.conf or or others or none
and if yes how???).
=20
Anyway, trying to use the most generic ppp.conf it hangs in 'Phase' (as
far as I can understand the log). It redials and redials, which results
in multiple
=20
deflink: Connected
deflink: Hangup
=20
sequences in the /var/lod/ppp.log. Btw, I upped the rl0 interface prior
to starting ppp, so I hope this is not an issue. There is no activity on
the LEDs of the dsl modem.
=20
To preempt some suggestions - it actually worked under SuCKse Linux 9.3,
one of the few things that did actually work, which prompted me to
switch to FreeBSD.
=20
I should be truly thankful if I were to receive some hints.
=20
Thanks