Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:36:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Doug Burks <dbx@atmos.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tapping on a mousepad -- 2.2.5 vs 2.2.7

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Doug Burks wrote:

> For another point of information, at home, I also use a touchpad under
> FreeBSD 2.2.7, and taps work just fine.  The only difference is the lat-
> ter is attached to a serial port and the laptop touchpad to a PS/2 mouse
> port.  Was some change made to the "psm0" driver between 2.2.5 and 2.2.7
> to remove the tap?
>
> Has anyone else seen this symptom -- or even fixed it?  Any pointers,
> fixes, or information is very welcome.  I want my tap back!  :)

Seen just the opposite. :-)  Under 2.2.5, my Alps Glidepoint keyboard
ignored taps, which was by me, as I don't like them. Under 2.2.7,
someone modified the psm device to recognize the Glidepoint, and to
initialize it with taps on.  It was a simple hack for me to disable
Glidepoint detection.

Maybe you have the same problem, but with different defaults?