Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 22:51:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@uli.it>
To:        Steve Price <steve@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CFR: Proposal for print-cdrom-packages.sh

Hi!

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Steve Price wrote:

> Have you actually tested this to ensure that all of these packages
> and their dependencies will actually fit on the first disc?  Also
> the space on disc 2 is very limited since that is where the CVS
> repository has usually gone.  You might consider moving those
> packages to disc 3 or 4 where you have a whole disc's worth of
> space.

Here I am, a bit late :o)

du returns 377M. I had to move away the linux netscape navigator and
flash plugin port, which accounted for too much space.

I also moved the CDROM_SET_2 packages to CDROM_SET_3, because the second CD
already had stuff in it (repository, demos, live filesystem).

I also had to move some other stuff.

  * Move devel/idle away, it triggered an old version of python as
    dependency.

  * Add ftp/gtm (nice for mozilla downloading)

  * Rename net/cvsup-bin to net/cvsup

  * Add samba-devel

  * Rename cdrecord to cdrtools

  * Add sysutils/symlinks

  * Add www/links

  * Remove lang/modula-3 stuff, no longer required by cvsup

I'm having problems building some XFree-4 font packages, kdebase2 and a
couple of packages which could account for 20/30M more (but I guessed
here).

And pcnfsd won't fetch distfile, but it is required by sysinstall :(

Some updates:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~olgeni/print-cdrom-packages.sh.orig (my old version)
  http://people.freebsd.org/~olgeni/print-cdrom-packages.sh.patch
  http://people.freebsd.org/~olgeni/print-cdrom-packages.sh (current)