Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 01:17:25 -0400
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        "Gerard Samuel" <trini0@optonline.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mysql tcp connection

I have just went through this a few hours ago linking the remote mysql db
from within access 2000.

First you need to download the odbc driver for mysql:
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-myodbc.html

I encountered a problem on the unix box where it would give me an access
denied. I had to add the user as th following;

grant all privileges on database.* to user@"%" identified by 'somepasse';

then i had to remove all anonymous users from the mysql.user db;

delete from mysql.user where User=' '; flush privileges;

once i did that i could connect via that user locally on the unix box and
after entering the DSN on the MS box i could connect and read all the
records.

If you need a more complete description email me.