Date:      Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:07:22 +1030
From:      Martin Minkus <diskiller@diskiller.net>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        powerpc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cross compile libc

On 8/3/05 1:21 PM, "Peter Grehan" <grehan@freebsd.org> wrote:

>> hi someone could help me cross compile libc from /usr/src ??
>> I mus download the source from CURRENT ??
>
>   Yes.
>
>> someone could help me to create a toolchain and cross compilate freebsd
>> to powerPC ???
>
>   Once you've downloaded the source, then apply the diff at:
>
>     http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/sysv4.h.diff
>
>   and then:
>
>     # make TARGET_ARCH=powerpc buildworld

Cool. Didn't know cross building was that easy! My iMac could never
buildworld (it would always panic) so my Dual Proc Server is building world
now. Its FAST with Ultra SCSI and heaps of ram ;) I didn't like the idea of
waiting 3 days for the imac to build world over nfs anyway...

But it seems I cannot build a kernel this way? (works fine on the imac over
nfs, and doesn't take too long so I might keep doing it that way...)

diablo:/usr/src# make -j 4 TARGET_ARCH=powerpc KERNCONF=IDUMP buildkernel
>>> Kernel build for IDUMP started on Tue Mar  8 16:04:51 CST 2005
===> IDUMP
mkdir -p /usr/obj/powerpc/junk/current/src/sys
>>> stage 1: configuring the kernel
cd /junk/current/src/sys/powerpc/conf;
PATH=/usr/obj/powerpc/junk/current/src/tmp/legacy/usr/sbin:/usr/obj/powerpc/
junk/current/src/tmp/legacy/usr/bin:/usr/obj/powerpc/junk/current/src/tmp/le
gacy/usr/games:/usr/obj/powerpc/junk/current/src/tmp/usr/sbin:/usr/obj/power
pc/junk/current/src/tmp/usr/bin:/usr/obj/powerpc/junk/current/src/tmp/usr/ga
mes:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin  config  -d
/usr/obj/powerpc/junk/current/src/sys/IDUMP
/junk/current/src/sys/powerpc/conf/IDUMP
ERROR: version of config(8) does not match kernel!
config version = 500013, version required = 600001

Make sure that /usr/src/usr.sbin/config is in sync
with your /usr/src/sys and install a new config binary
before trying this again.

If running the new config fails check your config
file against the GENERIC or LINT config files for
changes in config syntax, or option/device naming
conventions

*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2