Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:58:11 +0100
From:      Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Richard Todd <rmtodd@ichotolot.servalan.com>
Subject:   Re: top(1) + vmstat(8): CPU percentages broken

2010/1/25 Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>:
> Attilio Rao wrote:
> =C2=A0> 2010/1/25 Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>:
> =C2=A0> > [...]
> =C2=A0> > =C2=A0> May you revert r202387, 202441 and 202534 and see if it=
 does make a difference?
> =C2=A0> >
> =C2=A0> > Yes, reverting those fixes the problem. =C2=A0The CPU statistic=
> =C2=A0> > are back to normal.
> =C2=A0>
> =C2=A0> With the latest current, may you please provide a verbose dmesg?
> =C2=A0> May you also provide a %sysctl kern.timecounter?
>
> Is a current of last week (2010-01-18) sufficient? =C2=A0I haven't
> seen any commits to the clock subsystem in the meantime, so
> it should be sufficient. =C2=A0Verbose dmesg, sysctl and much more
> can be found here:

Thanks a lot for the report.
I see this:
RTC BIOS diagnostic error 80<clock_battery>

which means basically atrtc has been disabled and thus profhz and
stathz fellback. The other traces I got are someway similar (I see
values of hz which go in this direction).
What needs to happen is that, if atrtc is not available apic should be
choosen actually.
I will try to make a patch very soon.

Attilio

--=20