Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 18:09:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      jlrobins@zappa.cs.uncc.edu (James Robinson)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Working cmdtool ???

Howdy:

	Does anyone have a working copy of the XView program cmdtool? I've
repeatedly tried to build the XView packages, but unfortunately cmdtool
builds, but does not run properly under 2.1-stable. Whenever I hit return
at the prompt, it goes nutso crazy, as if I were repeatedly hitting
return over and over until I hit ^C. Likewise if I invoke a command -- it
operates over and over again -- not good :-( .

	I have a feeling that this is a problem within the XView tty code
interacting with FreeBSD's pty implementation. I've even gone so far back
as to try out the cmdtool found on the FreeBSD 1.1 CD's xview-bin
proto-package. Same effect. Any hints would be appreciated!

	James