Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:17:53 -0500 (GMT)
From:      mdk@physics.unipune.ernet.in (Mahendra D. Khandkar(SBO))
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

         Dear Sir,

            I am having two systems , both are 90MHz Pentiums. On one I
 have installed Linux (Slackware) and the other is having FreeBSD-2.1.7.1
 installed on it. But one with FreeBSD seems to be slower, i.e. programs
 executed on it run considerably slowly. Programs on both the machines are
 compiled with gcc.

     How can I raise the performance of FreeBSD machine?

 Thanking you in anticipation.

      Sincerely ,

       Mahendra