Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:08:50 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports won't build on stable

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 03:01:25PM -0400, Brett Taylor wrote:
> Hi
>
> (this belongs on -ports, not -stable, so I've redirected)

OK.

> The ports tree works but....  CVS will not touch things it didn't create
> so if you originally unpacked the tarball'ed ports tree, CVS won't be able
> to remove the pkg and patches directories.  If you remove these your ports
> will build again.

Yes, this might be a problem. But we do not know if the ports tree in
question has been updated by cvs or cvsup. I did not think of cvs since I do
not use it for this purpose. Thanks for pointing this out!

> 	cd /usr/ports && rm -rf */*/pkg/ && rm -rf */*/patches/
>
> I believe this is the problem anyway.  If this doesn't work, let us know.
>
> > The problem is, the ports infrastructure itself needs updating. Leave
> > the category ports-base in in any case, when you cvsup next time.
>
> I don't know if this will help - I have ports-all (which gets ports-base)
> and had the same problem.

I had ports-all in my ports-supfile and everything was updated properly with
cvsup. I
saw lots of "Deleted" messages on the day I first cvsupped after the change,
but also the basic infrastructure was changed quite a lot in those days, which
may be unrelated. Ports work as expected here.

--
Regards:
Szilveszter ADAM