Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:49:56 +0100 (BST)
From:      Aidan Skinner <aidan@velvet.net>
To:        Jens Greven <jensgreven@f2s.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Keyboard-Layout in KDE 2.2

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Jens Greven wrote:

> problem right now is, that I can't choose any keyboard-layouts in KDE(2.2).
> There are simply none to choose from in KControlCenter. I managed to
> "germanize" the system by installing the port german/kde2-i18n, so now I can
> at least choose German as my favourite language. But an according

You can either use xmodmap(1) to remap your keyboard in X, although I would
strongly reccomend you install xkeycaps(1) (/usr/ports/x11/xkeycaps) which will
allow you to remap it with a nice pointy-clicky interface.

The xmodmap solution will only work in X, if you want to change the console
keyboard layout try kcon(1), there are a couple of german keyboard layouts
in /usr/share/misc/keycap.pcvt which you can try with kcon -m

- Aidan
--
http://www.velvet.net/~aidan/           aidan@velvet.net
No Fear