Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eric Boucher <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SAMBA:No master in the field with "smbclient -NL"

Hi everybody,

I wanted to know where to look at to make my window
PDC be the master browser. When I type the command:
#smbclient -NL My_samba_server, there is nothing under
the field "MASTER". This probably mean that nobody
assume to be the master browser. Here is some of my
configuration in my "smb.conf" file (see below). I
wanted to be sure that my samba server (samba 2.2.0)
don't win the election because we use an NT box for
the PDC and we are arranged in "domain", not in a
"workgroup". I have already join the domain with the
command:
#smbpasswd -j domain_name -r domain_PDC
I'm not able to browse my samba server in the network
neighborhood and I suggest that this is part of the
problem. I don't understand why the PDC doesn't appear
in that list (I mean the one with the smbclient -NL).

[global]
	local master = NO
	domain master = NO
	os level = 0
	wins support = YES (the wins service isn't install on
the NT boxes).

Thanks

Eric