Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:38:54 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>, "Lawrence Farr" <freebsd-smp@epcdirect.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP --> NORMAL KERNEL on a dual proc machine [HELP]

Le Wednesday 24 July 2002 17:48, Christophe Prevotaux a écrit :
> uhmm ok however I have no PCI RIDER
> and the board are brand new in fact I have 2 exact same
> machines (exact same down to the last component) and both
> have the same problems.
>
> I seriously doubt I have 2 defective machines

Bonsoir,

as there are problems on both machines, this could come from the motherboard
itself : CUVX (must be using a VIA chipset ?)

you could try and use another motherboard, with a "known good" chipset (such
as the obslescent 440BX), to see if you have the same problems.

I tried some time to use a Fore board (but it was with 4.2 or 4.2), and I
could not get them to work.

there were also messages about a rewrite of the hfa driver under current (the
messages hinted to a malfunction of the hfa driver, IIRC). you may find these
messages on the archives (or have a look at the commit logs for the hfa
driver under current)

	Happy hacking

	TfH