Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 02:22:07 +0100
From:      Jez Hancock <munk@munkboxen.mine.nu>
To:        FreeBSD questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Checking HDD disk integrity under FreeBSD

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:59:18PM -0400, Morse, Richard E. wrote:
> Jez Hancock [mailto:munk@munkboxen.mine.nu] wrote:
> > does anyone else know of any tools for checking disk
> > integrity!???  Can't believe one doesn't exist in Unix ... ?
>
> do you mean besides 'fsck'?
Hey...

fsck doesn't perform the kind of integrity checking I need unfortunately
;(

fsck only checks the integrity of the ufs file system, I'm after the
kind of tool that will allow me to map out bad blocks on a drive in a
fashion similar to scandisk - dammit I'm getting fed up of saying
scandisk hehe... surely there's a tool to do the job in unix... my
searches so far have turned up nothing though..

Cheers

Jez