Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 16:44:42 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slight flame from Linux user

[ Free C compiler not GNU ]

> A lot of people (all on the hackers list, a far as I can tell) have
> asked this question.
>
> The URL that answers it is:
>
> 	http://cuiwww.unige.ch/cgi-bin/freecomp
>
> The "Free Compilers and Interpreters Catalog".
>
> I believe the one that struct the cord in my memory was the Purdue compiler.

The only thing Purdue has is PCCTS, or Purdue Compiler ConsTruction Set,
which is a YACC-like tool.

I peruse this when it's posted to comp.compilers, but I've not yet seen
any complete and free C compiler yet, although rumors of a finished lcc
port to Sparcs and x86 were thrown around for a while.

Nate