Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:19:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Desperate to shrink a partition

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> I desperately need to shrink a partition.  (Don't ask why.  It is a long
> ugly story.)
>=20
> Can anyone suggest the best way to do this?

Partition Magic (commercial) can be used to shrink FAT and VFAT partitions
(see also fips.exe and presizer.exe in the tools directory). PM can move -
not resize - BSD (and Linux) partitions. I don't know any tool to shrink a
BSD partition.

//
// Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___  _____=
__=20
// Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche           / __/______ ___ / _ )/ __=
/ _ \
//    Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen          / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/=
 // /
// Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen              /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/___=
/____/=20
// Deutschland (Germany)                      ----- The Power to Serve ----=