Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 2002 19:32:38 +0100
From:      Marc Perisa <perisa@porsche.de>
To:        Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to use an etoken? (ignore first post)

Bsd Neophyte wrote:
> i accidently hit the enter key which sent that message forward.  i
> appologize for that.
>
> i wanted to know if it was possible to purchase one of those usb memory
> devices and use it as an etoken by copying the public key onto it...
>
> there is one thing though... i don't want passwordless access.  i want the
> etoken to allow for a system to access my FreeBSD box, but still have the
> user enter their password to login.
>
> another thing, i want this only for ssh access.  i want to allow for the
> FreeBSD box to still function as my PDC and possibly a webserver at
> another date.
>
> has anyone done this?  can anyone recommend how to do it or point me to
> some reading material?

Hi,

if you mean the eToken from www.eladdin.com -> no, there is no device
drivers for them yet build.

I mailed to them and asked them if they had plans to port the software
to FreeBSD/*NIX or let some help them with it.

They answered, that they are already on their way to port the framework
and an SDK to Linux.

After this is done we can perhaps make a FreeBSD version out of it. Then
what you propose will be possible.

Until then - wait and bug them once in a while that you want FreeBSD
support.

Marc