Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:26:22 +0800 (+0800)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        K.J.Koster@kpn.com, robinson@netrinsics.com
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Linux JDK on FreeBSD

"Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com> writes:
>I think "resources" in the context of the FreeBSD Java porting effort are
>knowledge, time and encouragement.

Well, since I and my employees reside in a country that's not on Sun's
official "approved countries" list, the first two are out of the question.

>So the easiest way to get 1.3 by Q4 is to
>sprinkle your e-mails with synonyms of the word "thanks". :-)

Thanks everybody.  Particularly you, Kees, and Greg.

>On the other hand, if you would pay my boss to let me work on a JDK for
>FreeBSD full-time, I'd love to hear from you.

I doubt I could afford to single-handedly subsidize a European programmer
salary, but I'd be happy to contribute a reasonable amount to a group effort.

	-Michael Robinson

P.S. Thanks!