Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2019 00:03:12 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   mounting/exporting/importing a zfs volume

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

Dear Colleagues,

vm-bhyve keeps virtual machines on zfs volumes with volmode=3Ddev. How can
I access/mount the filesystems within the volume when the virtual host
is offline?=20

If I kept virtual disks in raw files, I could access them as devices
with mdconfig. But:

root@newserv:~ # mdconfig -a -f /dev/zvol/zroot/vm/mail/disk0=20
mdconfig: /dev/zvol/zroot/vm/mail/disk0 is not a regular file
root@newserv:~ #=20

Also, how can I exchange those zfs volumes for use with other
hypervisors? They are not real raw disk files so I cannot use
sysutils/vmdktool etc.

--=20
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/