Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 2010 00:11:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sushanth Rai <sushanth_rai@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing link status in bge driver

Hello,

I'm using BCM5715C based NIC card on a FreeBSD 7.2 system. I would like to simulate condition where the PHY layer is powered-off i.e, the link status should show as "no carrier". When I do "ifconfig down", it just turns-off the driver and the link status is still active. Is there is anything I can do in the bge driver or anywhere else in the software stack to simulate this condition without physically disconnecting the cable ?

Thanks,
Sushanth