Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:33:57 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux better for desktop computing in heterogenous environments?

G'day ...

	You know that I'm frustrated when I even mumble those 5 letters,
but there it is ...

	I'm currently trying to spear-head moving ~400 laptops that are
used by the CompSci department at the local University from Linux to
FreeBSD, and, so far, have been able to do everything they require except
for one crucial thing ... get the ncp* stuff to work ...

	First and foremost, does anyone know of any good documentation on
this, specifically setting it up ... all the documentation that I can find
refers to using IPX, yet the man page(s) talk about being able to use the
-A <host> option to do UDP instead ...

	If I do:

	I get back:

ncplogin: no default connection found: syserr = Bad file descriptor

	But searching Google, I can't seem to find anything that indicates
what I may have setup wrong ...

	I've been plugging away at this, on and off, for several weeks
now, and from what I can tell, its the last requirement that I have to
fulfill ... a pointer to a doc about this would be great ...

	The OS is 4.7-STABLE from Nov 7th ...

Thanks ...