Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:01:45 -0800
From:      Clint Olsen <clint@0lsen.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   JDK - So who has managed to get Limewire working?

I have jumped through a lot of hoops, and for whatever reason things are
not building.  I snagged the shar port from the website.  Since the current
version of Limewire is 2.3, I just went and updated the Makefile info.
I made sure the correct Limewire.bin file was available in the distfiles
directory.

I get a message embedded in the Makefile of the Limewire package that I
need to obtain JDK 1.3.1 and the patch that goes with it and re-make in the
directory.  Nothing happens...

So, I go over to the port directory for jdk-1.3.1 and type make.  Hmm,
something's happening here.  As it should since the JDK source package was
24 megabytes (!).  The current patch they are offering is #6 (instead of
5), so I grabbed that and updated the distinfo file for the JDK package.

However, this build eventually fails with:

# make
===>  Building for jdk-1.3.1p6
i386 Build started:   1.3.1-p6-root-020403-00:52
ERROR: BOOTDIR does not point to a valid Java 2 SDK
       Check that you have access to
        /usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/bin/java
       and/or check your value of ALT_BOOTDIR.

Exiting because of the above error(s).
gmake: *** [sanity] Error 1
*** Error code 2

It seems rather odd to me that it expects the SDK to be there before it's
built.

-Clint