Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2005 01:26:26 +0300
From:      "Artem Kuchin" <matrix@itlegion.ru>
To:        "Robert Watson" <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot build kernel with options WITNESS

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Artem Kuchin wrote:
>
>> I cvssed just an hour ago. 5.3-STABLE and cannot build kernel with
>> WITNES. It complains:
>
> This occurs when building WITNESS without DDB in the kernel, which was not
> a tested build case when I added "show alllocks", and apparently is a
> relatively uncommon configuration as you're the first person to bump into
> it.  I've just committed the fix as subr_witness.c:1.187 in HEAD, and
> subr_witness.c:1.178.2.4 in RELENG_5.  Please let me know if this doesn't
> fix the problem for you.

It fixed the problem. I am actually stuggling with unpredictable weird lock ups,
when the host can be pinged but i cannot connect via ssh/telnet or httpd or anything
else. It happens w/o any visible reason. I am running several jails with mysql and
apache in each and canot make the whole system stable yet.

Regards,
Artem Kuchin
IT Legion Ltd.
Russia, Moscow