Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:09:00 -0500
From:      "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Alex de Kruijff" <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>, "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ADSL cannot dial ("0.0.0.0/0 already exist)

I don't know where the last poster got his info, but it's all wrong.
User ppp is used for ADSL connection all the time. You yourself have
proved it works by what you have working all ready. User ppp will
automatically keep the last assigned ip address of the interface,
tun0, when it loses it's connection  ifconfig  will display your
interfaces. You should see more than one ip address on tun0.  Add
this to your cncom section of ppp.conf.

disable iface-alias    # Stop adding old IP addr as alias when ppp
                        # redials because line was lost. These old
ips
                        # showed using  ifconfig -a   on tun0.

iface clear            # Remove all previous IP address

replace your add default 10.0.0.138  statement with this statement

add default HISADDR    # Add a (sticky) default route (Mandatory)

try test again and if you still have problem then post
/var/log/ppp.log file
be sure to empty contents of log file before test so file only
contains msgs from just this test.