Date:      Tue, 31 May 2011 22:18:51 +0930
From:      Matt Thyer <matt.thyer@gmail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCIe SATA HBA for ZFS on -STABLE

I'm not on the -STABLE list so please reply to me.

I'm using an Intel Core i3-530 on a Gigabyte H55M-D2H motherboard with 8 x
2TB drives & 2 x 1TB drives.
The plan is to have the 1 TB drives in a zmirror and the 8 in a raidz2.

Now the Intel chipset has only 6 on board SATA II ports so ideally I'm
looking for a non RAID SATA II HBA to give me 6 extra ports (4 min).
Why 6 extra ?
Well the case I'm using has 2 x eSATA ports so 6 would be ideal, 5 OK, and 4
the minimum I need to do the job.

So...

What do people recommend for 8-STABLE as a PCIe SATA II HBA for someone
using ZFS ?

Not wanting to break the bank.
Not interested in SATA III 6GB at this time... though it could be useful if
I add an SSD for... (is it ZIL ?).
Can this be added at any time ?

The main issue is I need at least 10 ports total for all existing drives...
ZIL would require 11 so ideally we are talking a 6 port HBA.