Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:14:33 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Javier_Mart=EDn_Rueda?= <jmrueda@diatel.upm.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [mod_mono] how to install from freebsd?

Foo JH wrote:
> I'm using 7.0, and I've installed mono and apache22 from the packages
> (pkg_add -r xxx). Now I need to find mod_mono to complete the pieces.
> Trouble is, I don't see it available from the ports tree.

I have these notes from some mod_mono installation I did some time ago.
I hope they are still valid:

I installed mono from the ports. It was just a standard install, so
installing from packages should be the same.

XSP
===

* fetch http://go-mono.com/sources/xsp/xsp-1.2.3.tar.gz
* configure && gmake && gmake install
* Test: mono /usr/local/lib/mono/2.0/xsp2.exe. Open http://myserver:8080
(it will say it cannot find /)
* Test 2: copy a web application and open it. It should work.

MOD_MONO
========

* fetch http://go-mono.com/sources/mod_mono/mod_mono-1.2.1.tar.gz
* configure && gmake && gmake install
* mv /usr/local/etc/apache22/mod_mono.conf /usr/local/etc/apache22/Includes
* Edit mod_mono.conf and add this:

   MonoServerPath /usr/local/bin/mod-mono-server2
   MonoPath /usr/local/lib/mono/2.0

* Install test application in /somewhere/website and create
/usr/local/etc/apache22/Includes/prueba.conf:

   Alias /prueba "/somewhere/website"
   MonoApplications "/prueba:/somewhere/website"

   <Directory /somewhere/website>
     Allow from all
   </Directory>

Open http://myserver/prueba and it should work.