Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:12:25 -0400
From:      jammin2night <freebsd@mikej.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Cloning VLAN interfaces

Thanks for you reply!  All goes well until:

(root@charon) ~# ngctl name re0-hub: downstream re0-vlan
ngctl: usage: name <path> <name>
(root@charon) ~#

(root@charon) ~# ngctl list
There are 6 total nodes:
   Name: <unnamed>       Type: vlan            ID: 0000001c   Num hooks:
1
   Name: em0             Type: ether           ID: 00000002   Num hooks:
0
   Name: re0             Type: ether           ID: 00000001   Num hooks:
2
   Name: vlan10          Type: ether           ID: 00000003   Num hooks:
0
   Name: ngctl4248       Type: socket          ID: 00000027   Num hooks:
0
   Name: re0-hub         Type: hub             ID: 00000017   Num hooks:
3
(root@charon) ~#