Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:39:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        Andy McConnell <andym@ntt.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AWE PNP not recognized

On 18-Nov-98 Andy McConnell wrote:
> (Thanks Conrad!  I've been working off your web-based instructions
> already!)
>
> I've done that... But I used drq1 5 instead (as recc. by the cards docs).
>
> I also didn't disable LDN 1 and 3... Would that make the difference?

No, that shouldn't matter.

> Did I miss setting something on the card itself?  Like booting to DOS or
> (gasp) Win95 and initializing the card in some way?

Perhaps.  It's very strange that pnpinfo doesn't even find the card.  It's not
one of the newer PCI cards, is it?

Again, check your BIOS settings.  On some machines, strangely enough, you have
to *disable* PnP in the BIOS.

I'd say first of all work on getting pnpinfo to see the card.  Until you've
managed that, it's like the card doesn't even exist.

--
Conrad Sabatier

If you can't be good, be careful.  If you can't be careful, give me a
call.