Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 98 17:05:26 -0500
From:      rhughes@anteon.com
To:        <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>, <database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   MS Access databases on FreeBSD

Does anyone know of a way to read/write Microsoft Access database files on a
FreeBSD/Unix server?  A simple DBI/DBD solution would be excellent, but so far I
haven't found one.

The intent here is to be able to create an  Access database file on my FreeBSD
box that can then be transferred to another location for processing via MS
Access.  I suppose at delimited file could be used in a pinch, but an MDB file
would be better.
I realize that MySQL or Postgres can provide client/server access, but that just
isn't what's needed in this one case.

Thanks for the help!