Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 19:27:42 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@interface-business.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to connect additional distribution files to a port?

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 04:06:16PM +0100, J Wunsch wrote:
> As Alexander Langer wrote:
>
> > What's wrong with just adding it to the DISTFILES variable and maybe
> > setting EXTRACT_ONLY to the files that need to be extracted?
>
> I was sure i overlooked something. :) W ell, this could work for my
> current project since both files are to be fetched from the same site.
> I'll try it, thanks for the suggestion.
>
> It wouldn't have worked in the avr-libc case, where the doc file was
> to be fetched from a totally different site.

Why wouldn't it have worked?  It is perfectly legal to specify more than
one location in MASTER_SITES, and even more than one MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR.
The ports collection Makefiles shall do the necessary magic to try to fetch
all files from all dirs of all sites until success :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
If the meanings of 'true' and 'false' were switched, then this sentence wouldn't be false.