Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 02:32:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@www2.shoppersnet.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: device close behaviour - a question

Hi guys!

Okay, I'm testing out Luigi's snd970731 driver...

Is this setup correct in the kernel config?
controller      snd0
device       pcm0    at isa ? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x9 vector pcmintr
#device      midi0   at isa ? port? tty flags F
#device      synth0  at isa ? port? tty flags F

dmesg probe shows:

pcm0 at 0xffff irq 5 drq 1 mem 0x00000000 flags 0x00000009 en 1 confl 0
no address supplied, try default 0x0530
I/O address inactive (ff), try pseudo_mss
no address supplied, try default
sb_reset_dsp failed
pcm0 not found at 0xffffffff

Actual Card is:
Sound Origins 32 DSP Wavetable 3D PNP ISA
OPTI925 Chipset
Supports SB Pro, MSS/WSS, Roland Sound Canvas

Win95 configures it as:
MSS/WSS 0x530 irq 5 DMA 0/1, irq 300 2/9

OS: FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELENG #1 (7/13/97)