Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:18:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Paul Griffith <paulg@interlog.com>
To:        "R. Leland Heaton Jr." <rlheaton@robles.callutheran.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Satellite 225CDS

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, R. Leland Heaton Jr. wrote:

> 	I have a Toshiba Satellite 225 CDS with an interchangable floppy /
> cd-rom drive.  I am lan connected to the internet through my school so I
> plan on installing it through the internet.  I was wondering if freebsd
> would understand my cd-rom / floppy drive?
>
> -Leland
> rlheaton@clunet.edu

Thats sounds like a Toshiba 220CDS. It will work fine. I have installed
FreeBSD on many Toshiba units just fine. You might to pickup a FDD caddy,
so that you can keep your CDROM installed in the laptop, and use the FDD
externally. It's a real pain to shut down your unit to swap out the CDROM.
Other than that I know of no other problems.

Paul Griffith
BTW: I was using FreeBSD Rel 2.2.2.