Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 04:47:38 -0500
From:      mhf <michael.flug@snet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Attempting install of 4.2 by CDROM, but no-go

I have just built a new computer and am trying to do a cdrom install of
FreeBSD 4.2 using:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install-guide.html

13.6 gig. Western Digital HD has been formatted using Western Digital
Disk Utility.
I have made no partitions.  The HD is to be dedicated to FreeBSD OS.
Dos executable mscdex.exe has been installed and I am able to access the
Acer CD-RW on D:\.
I have set up BIOS to boot up with CD-RW drive.  Upon boot, FreeBSD iso
on cd does not run.
Once computer completes boot and brings up C:\ prompt, I can switch to
D:\ and read from the drive that
the FreeBSD iso file is there on the cdrom.

How do I execute installation from the iso file on cdrom?

Can anyone help me with a jumpstart?  I must be missing something very
basic.
First-timer here.  I appreciate your time and patience.

Mike Flug
michael.flug@snet.net