Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 23:18:31 -0600
From:      Ali Lomonaco <ali@deviant.erratic.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dialin Modem Problems

  Hello, for the last few days I have been trying to get a modem setup
for dialin service.  Everything works fine... the getty spawns login...
BUT on every other time I dial up to that modem I get two characters
are the "login: " prompt.  Does anyone have an idea as to what would
cause this?  I am using a USR Courier v.everything, with what I think is
the proper initialization.  Also, this modem dials OUT fine.

Any pointers as to what would cause this would be appreciated.

--
Ali Lomonaco                                        ali@erratic.net
UserID = Ali Lomonaco <ali@erratic.net>            KeyID = F9A50639