Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 00:15:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        sue2@welearn.com.au
Cc:        fpawlak@execpc.com, sderdau@xtdl.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[4]: login_getclass unknown class

Sue Blake <sue2@welearn.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 01, 1998 at 09:56:41PM -0600, Frank Pawlak wrote:
> > Sue Blake <sue2@welearn.com.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > That won't necessarily help.
> > >
> > > Why doesn't somebody just tell this guy where the file he is
> missing
> > > can be found, and leave it at that.
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > I agree totally, and you pointed him to???
>
> I don't know the correct answer so I won't guess. IIRC the errata on
> the CD
> was wrong. The errata for 2.2.2 does not appear to be available on the
> FTP
> site. The errata for 2.2.5 doesn't address this problem. The mail
> archive
> contains scores of guesses that won't help. The answer was kindly
> posted
> here earlier this week but would not be in the mail archive yet.
>
> The only useful answer is the location of the file he needs.
> If we wait, someone will post it soon.

Sue,

Your absolutly correct. I answered the question in haste.  What I should
have stated was that the release 2.2.2. errata addresses this issue and
it is on the web site under release information.  I think that I made a
hasty RTFM assumption when I should have taken the time to direct him to
the web site.

If you still have his e-mail address, would you be good enough to
foreward this information to him along with my sincere appologies.

BTW, how are things in Australia?  I am in Milwaukee Wisconsin USA.
Either you are up early and I am up late or both.  It is now 12 midnight
here.  You folks must be just starting the fall season, we are finally
getting spring.  I understand that it has been dry there.  We had a very
mild winter and it has been wet -- rain.  We usually get about 47 inches
of snow, but are not near that this winter so far, as it can snow here
in May sometimes.  Good talking with you, and again my appology for
being terse.

Best wishes,
Frank