Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:11:27 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Jeff Shevlen <jshevlen@passedpawn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH upgrade

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 08:38:51PM -0800, Jeff Shevlen wrote:

> # ssh -V
> SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0 FreeBSD localisations 20010713, protocol versio=
ns
> 1.5/2.0.
> Compiled with SSL (0x0090601f).
>=20
> I used the portupgrade software to manage the move up to v3.0.2, and thou=
ght
> this would somehow remove the older version but I guess not.

Nope: the port installs in /usr/local like most ports; it won't touch
the base system files.  You can either remove them by hand and set
NO_OPENSSH in your /etc/make.conf to prevent future world builds from
rebuilding them, or just leave them and set your PATH variable to use
/usr/local/bin first.  To tell FreeBSD which version of sshd to run at
startup use the sshd_program variable in /etc/rc.conf.

Kris

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--