Date:      Wed, 08 Jul 1998 01:12:21 +0900
From:      Tomoyoshi ASANO <asa@use-net.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun4c/Sun4m

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 03:31:10 -0700
"David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com> wrote:

> Hi Asano-san,
>
> > I am using the SS2, SS5 with OpenBSD 2.3 kernel and FreeBSD
> > 2.17.1, 2.2.6 Libraies and FreeBSD /usr/share.
> > (/sbin, /usr/sbin and libkvm.a are using OpenBSD 2.3 codes.)
>
> Are you saying, you are running a mixure of OpenBSD and FreeBSD system
> code on your Sparc?

Yes.

> If so, I'm courious why not a complete OpenBSD code base.

 I think that current Net/OpenBSD are good systems.
 Maybe, a lot of Net/OpenBSD users don't have no problem.
 But I had some problems.

 1) to support Japanese language.
 2) to use a lot of japanese ports of FreeBSD quickly.
 3) I like FreeBSD.

 I think FreeBSD libxpg4.a is very important. (Ex. setlocale())
 So I am using mixed system.

-- Tomoyoshi ASANO.