Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2007 04:47:52 -0400
From:      Schiz0 <schiz0phrenic21@gmail.com>
To:        "Victor Engmark" <victor.engmark@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Should sudo be used?

I don't use sudo. I find it rather pointless. If I need to do something as
root, I use su to gain root privileges, then when I'm done, I exit and
return to the original user. The user running su must be in the group
"wheel" to be able to su to root. This is a simple yet convenient security
system.

su is standard, sudo is another binary to install. So I don't bother
installing it.