Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:01:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dave Haney <dave@engg.ksu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   AlphaStation 200 233/4 Sound / IDE support

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD/Alpha on an AlphaStation 200 233/4, and am curious about
the prospects of getting a couple of things working on it..

Has anyone got the on-board Crystal Audio card to work in FreeBSD/Alpha -- and
if not, are there any cards one can reccommend that might work?

Also, I was hoping to use a PCI IDE card in the machine. Although I have a SCSI
hard disk in it, I also have a fairly large IDE disk I would like to be able to
take advantage of. I think PCI IDE controllers _should_ work in the machine, but
I wonder if there is any card in particular someone can reccommend.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

--Dave

Dave Haney                College of Engineering
Computer Systems Analyst  Kansas State University
dave@engg.ksu.edu         785.532.4643