Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 16:50:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bhishan Hemrajani <bhishan@cytosine.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   syslogd/ntpdate

My clock on my machine is really messed up, and xntpd doesn't
align it properly. So, I have to run ntpdate every 10seconds.
I don't mind this, except that ntpdate fills up my log files
completely. I have ntpdate starting w/the -s option, so it
sends the message to syslog instead of all the terminals
logged in.

Is there any way to have ntpdate not tell anything about
what it is doing? It doesn't have an option in the manpage
for it.

And, I tried the manpage for syslogd, to see if I could have
syslogd ignore messages from ntpdate. But, no luck.

Could you point me in the right direction.

--bhishan