Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 15:10:02 -0000 (GMT)
From:      <jhays@uswest.net>
To:        Smc659@aol.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Using UDMA

On 02-Sep-99 Smc659@aol.com wrote:
> Im currently using FreeBSD-3.2 stable. How do you get UDMA support working
> under FreeBSD? Do I need FreeBSD 4-Current?
>

> Thanks,
> Sam

Actually, if you just want to probe for DMA capability on a drive use the flag
0x2000.

example:
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0 flags 0x2000
(this option will probe for DMA capability on device wd0, which corresponds to
the master IDE device on the first IDE controller, I believe)

Like Mark, I'm not sure if this extends to UDMA support.

type 'man 4 wd' for a better explanation of the wd drivers and their
capabilities.

--Justin Hays