Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:01:28 +1000 (EST)
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@dstc.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   help getting back-to-back PCA200E working

I've just got subscribed to the list, and in the last 2 weeks
also have just got two Fore PCA200E cards compiled into my
FreeBSD-3.1 kernels.

wired 'em up back-to-back with a crossover fibre patchlead.

I can bring each up to a point, but I can't seem to get SIGPVC
and subsequent atm commands to bring up a PVC with any kind of
upper payload to do IP.

anybody got a canned instance of how to make this work?

If its too painful to do this, and I'm better off using SPANs or
some other signalling, as long as it works over a PVC tunnelled
through my provider, I'm cool.

I do need to be able to do RFC compliant IP-over-ATM with a GDC
switch as well as tie two distant LANS together, so I'm kinda
hoping this is as simple as it should be :-)

cheers, and sorry for an annoyingly dumb request.

-George