Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 14:38:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        phk@critter.tfs.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW (was: Re: -stable hangs at boot)

> > Nate: 3) The code -stable is un-documented and incomplete w/regard to
> > Nate: -current.  The documentation in -stable hasn't been updated yet.  Here
> > Nate: is the last entry for the ipfw.8 man-page.
> >
> > Reality has overtaken you again.  A couple of hours ago I committed a almost
> > complete synopsis and description to the man page.
>
> Glad to hear it, but it happened after I sup'd the CVS tree.  It also
> appears that you need to add the patch you just made to -current into
> -stable as well.  Don't you just hate having to keep two trees in sync
> sometimes?  (Though the advantages outweigh the disadvantages).

That is why I raised the little protest the other day, this should have all
been done in -current, stabalized, tested, hashed out, etc, then and ONLY
then should have it been brought over to -stable.  As it stands now I have
``Frozen'' my stable sources until this work is done, which means I can not
take advantage of several other nice fixes that just recently went in to
-stable :-( :-(.

Work should really be done in one branch only until it is _complete_.