Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 1996 16:34:27 +0200
From:      Marco Masotti <mc7953@mclink.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Asus PVI486SP3 and Adaptec 2940 compatibility

Michael Smith wrote:

> The 2940 _may_ have one of the buggy firmware revisions that cause drama
> with PnP motherboards; this should be checked with a call to Adaptec's
> tech support.

Apropos my original article, I neglected to say that, after having
problems with the 2940 controller, I've been trying also a 1542B, same
hard disks, same CD drive, same, hopefully good scsi termination. I then
could install both Freebsd and Dos.

What I'm going to replace now is the hard disk (IBM) with a new one
(Fujitsu), and do it again. However I'm inclined to think about the
buggy firmware revision with PnP motherboards and hence to contact the
tech support from Adpatec/Asus.

Meanwhile, if possible, I'll try to swap the motherboard also, with a
non PnP type. I'll get back to you as soon as any piece of news.

Thanks

Marco