Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:31:08 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO and non-PAO in same source tree

Alan Corey <coreya@mbs.valinet.com> probably said:
> > This is probably a dumb question, but can you still produce non-PAO
> > kernels after installing the PAO source distribution?
> > -Greg Shenaut
>
> I doubt it, because PAO patches things all over, BUT, there's no reason
> you have to build your kernel on the machine you're going to run it on.

Sure you can, you just need another copy of the kernel source.

On a couple of my boxes I track PAO via cvsup in /usr/src/PAO. I could
build a kernel there and get PAO, if I build a kernel in /usr/src/sys
I'd get a traditional kernel.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu